Monday, June 18, 2007

Visits and Conquests

Life can get so full sometimes... at moments there seems that there are no reserves left for anything but the basics ... you know folding clothes, washing dishes, digging legos out of the couch, finding swords (what is up with little boys and the inability to find their most prized possesions???), washing dishes, sweeping, washing dishes, sweeping, taking out the trashs, and washing dishes... have I said that yet? ... oh yeah I did and cooking... anyway... broken record... you get the idea... What I wanted to say was that there are other moments where the reserves are there and wonderful things spark up in earsplitting belly-laughter type joy. Today Aman conquered his fear and went from end to end of the Umass parking lot on his bike for the first time ever and the belly-laugh joy was there. The belly-laugh joy was there last night when Xinxin and Josh showed me a video that Xinxin shot while they were driving somewhere... it is a simple shot... Josh... at the wheel driving... and he is lip synching to a mexican ranchera that Xinxin is singing hysterically... classic... if you see them please ask them to share the belly-laugh. As you can see, we finally got to meet Xinxin. They are so sweet together and we are so happy to have Xinxin as part of our family. We both confessed to being super nervous about the meeting eachother ... but the awkward section is over and we had a good couple of days with both of them. Xinxin made us chicha morada and a spicey creamed potato yumminess whose name I forgot but typical dishes from her home in Peru. We took them up to Shelbourne falls to a bunch of rocks called the potholes for the afternoon... The boys are done with school for the year (see the last day pic) and have started their summer camps with... Camp Oma... they have this first week with adventuring with Oma. This weekend if everything goes right Isaiah and I will be driving to NY to go mt biking with Dad...

Speaking of Dads... Happy father's day to all you fathers out there. Especially to Mr. "I change diapers give her to eat and baths carry her around all day while I neglect my job" ... yes I am talking about... who else? but Ela's dad Dadvi (follow their link for the latest Ela pics). I love you bro.

Anyway, I am going to try and write more often so that these aren't so long and windy.... whew... feel it??

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I promise you no dishes while you're in Costa Rica

love
Mom