Monday, March 19, 2007

Feliz/Happy Naw Ruz!

So I am standing taking a break from shoveling snow right about where Anika was playing in the puddle two days earlier. Nutty New England weather... we got about 12 inches. And tomorrow is the first day of spring and the last day of the Fast. Besides staying up after eating in the morning I did a few other funny things this time around. I willed myself not to put my fingers in my mouth to bite my nails, a habit I have had since the early teens. I now have a beautiful set of nails on my fingers for the first time in a while (and I keep scratching myself horribly cause I am not used to them). We will see how long this lasts... I also kept myself to two meals a day only and mellow ones at that... no stretched tummy trying to cram in the evening or morning. I managed to get through all the special Fast prayers in the prayer book... I love the one where each paragraph ends in, "Thou seest me holding to Thy name, the Most Holy, the Most Luminous, the Most Mighty, the Most Great, the Most Exalted, the Most Glorious, and clinging to the Hem of the Robe to which have clung all in this world and the world to come". We have been getting in that last of the winter's activities like sledding, shoveling and building a snowman. Aman had a little presentation at school today where he read for a small audience. Britt went and said it was very cute. There have been haircuts (where I killed my unblemished record by seriously taking a fat chunk out of Aman's ear [his and my fault]) children's class and the usual non stop cleaning, washing, folding, scolding, holding, reading, skidding, jumping, yelling, singing, bouncing, mopping, brushing blah blah blah blah... and on.... daily routine of the Ruhe household.... Happy last day for all of you who are fasting and Happy New Year (Naw Ruz)!!!!

No comments: