Sunday, August 19, 2007

Reunion Part 2

Fall type weather has dropped in suddenly here in Massachusetts. Cool nights and semi warm days. We just wrapped up a nice weekend with today where Amán and I went exploring the Umass campus on our skateboards and scooters while Isaiah went on a nice bike ride with the Alschulers and Oma. I ended a day with a grueling mt bike ride at a place called Bachelors street that I had heard about for years and never had a chance to explore. I got pounded to say the least... half the ride was fun and the rest was just plain old pain... And the depth of tiredness reminds me of the epic 8.5 hour hike that Britt and I took while in CR. You may remember a year or so ago me posting about Britt and her friend Anne and others in Costa Rica attempting to find a path from Escazu where Anne lives to Ciudad Colon where we lived. 3 attempts (two forward and one backward) were made which all ended with them arriving at some yittle town way out in the middle of nowhere bumming rides from the local pirate taxis to get home... 9-10 hours later... Britt and I got to spend the most continous time together we have in years and finally conquered this same run. It was tiring but exhilirating... 8.5 hours and the way both of our knees hurt we seriously thought our legs were just going to fall off! The next morning we drove to the beach with more adventures but that'll have to wait til after a sleep a little.

We have been going non stop all week with work and painting our bedroom... we are done except for the radiators and are severely sleep deprived. I include also a couple more Costa Rica pics of a little romp we did with Aleta and Beau to the river during their visit to the house. They later came to the beach with us too....

No comments: