Saturday, January 06, 2007

Imaginary Play

Our windows and doors are open on this mid January day. Unbelieveable! Global warming/Climate change is real. Don't let anyone fool you. And it will affect all of us.

here's a pic of the boys eating an ecuadorian mango... dry but perfect...

On a lighter note. I hear the kids in their imaginary play all the time. They watch or listen to something and the way they process what they saw is by acting it out. And everytime I hear them I want to write down an example of it. I am sure some of you have heard it or done it your selves... it does bring back faint memories for me... But here's some of what the boys and Aiden were playing at a blindingly fast pace this afternoon in the 65 degree weather. (and remember that every movement no matter how small has some sound effect associated with it). 1 I am Darth Vader. 2 Yeah and I am Anakin, but a really young one. I race. 1 You can't be Anakin because I'm Anakin. 2 No but you said you are Darth Vader. 1 Anakin is Darth. 2 Oh yeah 1 So I am Darth Vader but good and I have rocket boots. 3 I want rocket boots 1 who are you? 3 obi wan 2 Obi wan doesn't have rocket boots 3 Dart doesn't either 1 right so we can both have rocket boots 3 yeah but I am bad. 1 & 2 ok GET HIM!!! 3 I switched to my rocket boots and fly over your heads 2 I try to hit you with my light saber but and fall in a hidden pit. 1 I threw a bomb at you 3 I grab it and throw it back to you. 1 I jump out of the way and chop your rocket boot off. 2 when I fell in the pit my head hit the wall, it broke and I found a little cave with some rocket boots and I put them on 3 you can't do that 2 why not? 3 why would somebody bury rocket boots? 1 they could, now we all have rocket boots... GET HIM!!! 3 if he has rocket boots then I am not playing. parent: c'mon now. everyone can have their own mind 3 ok GET HIM!! 1 wait who are you? 3 i am obi wan 1 not you. you. 2 I am general grevious but i have only two arms and I can use the force. 1 so can i 3 we all can. GET HIM!!! and so on and so forth... for hours and hours

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

mom said:

Loved the script! It really gave me a chuckle. Hope you can save it for them so they can read it in about 10 years!

Sasha McKinney said...

It made me laugh too! How sweet.
65 degrees? I'm wondering what kind of clothing we should pack for our visit out there... just warm sweaters? no heavy jackets?
i'll check weather.com
love you!

Anonymous said...

I can SO relate to this interchange! It brings back all those memories of us kids (but then it was cowboys/indians + cops/robbers, etc.)

Hugs to the kids from Bumpa

Goal said...

I love it, tan vacilon.
Your kids are cute and funny.
Greg and Bahi

Anonymous said...

Definitivamente vacilón, no paré de reir mientras lo leía, a estas edades de los chicos no hay nada que ocultar, todo es pura imaginación y no hay temor sobre las consecuencias o el ¿qué diran?

Wallo said...

Definitivamente vacilón, no paré de reir mientras lo leía, a estas edades de los chicos no hay nada que ocultar, todo es pura imaginación y no hay temor sobre las consecuencias o el ¿qué diran?