Saturday, April 28, 2007

Spring Visits

Mom and Jere arrived as part of a scheduled stop on their whirlwind train tour of the US and Canada. They brought wonderful warm weather and we all got out and enjoyed it. It was wonderful having them here and they had some nice connections with the boys. We had a nice first day of Ridvan celebration with the Amherst Baha’is and a program that I helped put together. They were here 5 days and left on Tuesday morning bound for Chicago.

That Sunday Alfie’s friend Eric and his kids Aiden and Meredith were here visiting. I managed to break Aiden’s remote control airplane on my very first try and felt very bad about it… we came back here and goofed off… Meredith shows us some of her latest fashion ideas and I attempt to be Meredith.

Wednesday blurred past and then Thursday evening John, Carole and Noah from Oregon show up. The boys clicked immediately and ran off upstairs and weren’t heard from for hours… amazing!

I had a chance to catch up with Carole and John while we waited for Britt who was overseeing the installation of the equipment in the new gym she is starting through her job at Service Net.

I woke up on the stuffy side this morning and we all got on eachother’s nerves until we got out of the house. Isaiah had his first day of spring soccer and I took Amán to his friend Reid’s birthday party. Then we all went to the Welborne’s house to celebrate Jen’s birthday. Afterwards we came home and I crashed on the couch comatosed… one of those deeeeeeeep sleeps … my body shut down almost entirely… 3 hours… we then had dinner and had a little bday party for Anika who turned 1 today. Then we packed up stuff and went and watched Amherst High play Northampton in baseball… well… we did that for about 15 min then we went to the playground next door and had grass fights…

The whole house is asleep and quiet… me? I am still running on that nap I took. But this is such a special time of day… everyone tucked in and mellow… so peaceful... I am so lucky.

No comments: