Monday, July 09, 2007

New England Summertime

Summer fun means just getting out... and when the lazies are visiting and you feel like a sloth and don't want to do anything we just need to remember that we are going to be cooped up inside mostly all winter and to take advantage of the wonderful out doors. We have really needed to tell ourselves that often lately. Our lives have seemed so incredibly full and it feels like we are running on reserves. So much day to day stuff to do and not enough time starting at around 6 am and continuing until about 1030-1100 pm... run run run... but then we get out and do amazing romps sweat out lots of toxins and wash it off in cool rivers and breath fresh air and meet new people and make up new silly songs etc and the energy comes rushing back... We went kayaking/canoeing last weekend on the swift river. That sunday I got sooooo sick with some bug and was out for the next 4 days. I am still blowing my nose among other things but my energy is back. This weekend we went to Plum Island north of Boston with Anna and the Pyburns. They had most of the peninsula closed off due to nesting Plovers (what the heck is a plover?) which as disappointing but the beach was delicious even though the water temp froze the extremities quickly. The boys were fearless though in the waves while they lasted and I can't wait to play in the waves in CR in a couple of weeks. It was nice catching up with Anna and the Pyburns. The boys have been in some cool summer camps this year and Grandma Irene has picked them up a few times after camp and hung with them. They really connect with her at moments and it is wonderful to see. Anyway, I should find my list of poop to do before I can fall asleep. I am really jonesing right now for our old copy of the unabridged version of Les Miserables that uncle Doug gave me for my birthday many years ago (I think we left it in CR). Speaking of books, Josh recommended a book called The Cosmic Serpent by Jeremy Narby. I just finished it and it is an amazing book about how the cosmic serpent is found in most indigenous cultures in their stories about the how the world was created. He also goes on to explore how the description of these intertwined cosmic serpents in all these cultures are very closely related to DNA and the description of how it works and what it does! Check it out if you can and if you want to order it try to do it through Josh's network site and amazon (http://joshuahomnick.ning.com/). Alright I have rambled enough.

No comments: