Sunday, November 18, 2007

Baha'i School plus

So here’s a random shock on a Sunday morning. The boys and I went to the skatepark before children’s class and had a blast. We get to class and I say hi to everyone in the main hall where we all sing songs and say prayers before going off to our respective classes. Everything is normal so far… I climb the stairs to my classroom and walk in and one of the mothers (no names here) is already there with her child and she says nonchalantly, “So I think my husband's Mom breastfed you when you were little.”

Hmmm Ok… so... I said hi (again), put the guitar down and asked her to clarify. Apparently her husband has a brother who is my age and their Mom is friends with mine and they were at a Baha’i conference together and they would watch each other’s kids while taking turns going to sessions. I got hungry and well…

So no other surprises today and we did have a great class today. I include pics from class last week which was great! I also include a couple of Isaiah’s last day of outdoor futbol for the year. Aman and I were having a serious grass fight while trying to watch Isaiah. Isaiah scored an awesome goal from the left side!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Colin - You are AWESOME!

How funny that the story about breastfeeding another person's baby has passed a generation of kids.

The woman in question was Joan Lincoln, now a counsellor residing in the Holy Land.

Neither of us wanted to miss the conference, and both of us were very dedicated mothers!