Friday, November 09, 2007

Virtues Poster

I created this poster of sorts to hang on the wall of the boy’s room. Every night after highs-and-lows and before prayers we read and talk about one of these virtues. It has worked out well and the kids really get into it. Britt and I are happy that we have that moment to talk about this kind of stuff with them. It is difficult sometimes to get anything out of these guys at this time of night. I don’t know what it is (universal probably and I probably did it as a yittle guy) but a switch gets flipped and they start giggling uncontrollably so much so that they accept punishments sometimes just to be able to giggle a little more!!! And the parents are of course annoyed that they aren’t going to sleep or doing anything remotely close to what we ask them to do!! Anybody else have that? Anyway I just wanted to share the poster that has worked out really well so far.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dude, we totally have that disease at our house too. I was starting to wonder if it was the time of year or what. My reaction a lot of the time has been to just hide under the bed or something from the crazy-beast that is all the kids doing this stuff at once, together, acting freakily as one in their giggle fest and squirmy wars.