Thursday, March 09, 2006

Colin's Last Month in CR

Here are a few images of the last month in CR. Britt and the kids had left a month earlier so that we could get the kids in school and start the job search process started. I had to finish out the month of Feb with the job which I owed them. I really missed Britt and the boys but got some time to myself to process in my own unique way this move. I went on a 51 km mt. biking run that ran half way around lake Arenal in the shadow of the Arenal volcano. 3000 people signed up for and biked for this organized, recreational ride! Young, old, women, men, on mt bikes and I saw some BMX bikes! There was even a guy who did it with only one arm! 4.5 hrs later we arrived at the finish line muddy and tired but smiling from ear to ear! I had a rare(?) moment when I caught a great boa constrictor a few days before leaving and drove home one-handed to show it to my sis while we watched The Office together. I also had been pursued by some of the local Baha'i pre-youth for some time to go on one last romp in the woods before I took off... so we did and 6 hours later I was praying for pockets of signal for my cell phone to call Jere to come pick us up... we knew where we were... we were just too far away to make it home by midnight... but it was without a doubt a great hike... vines, rivers, remanents of a 20 year old plane crash, and much more. I include one pic of Shawnie and I right after coming out of the water from a sweet surfing session... I am going to miss that Roshan!!! And a last image of another ride taken on the mountain above our house with sweet views of the valley and down to the ocean...

1 comment:

Sasha McKinney said...

I'm so glad you have a blog!! I'll be checking every day. I can't believe how big Isaiah and Aman are.. they grow so fast.. I can't imagine my little munchkin getting big, she's so tiny! But I know it's going to happen before i'm ready for it!
These are great pics, by the way, of all your hikes and stuff!
I love you.